1. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation as a seller.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to explain the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their shipping and handling fees are. Use all this information to determine if these costs and options fit well for you personally, your budget, as well as your area prior to placing an order.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
5. Speak to your friends about their favorite online shops. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This will save you a lot of time and energy.