1. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the owner first. You ought to visit their profile and look for reviews published by other shoppers who bought products from this seller. Tend not to hesitate to make contact with the seller to inquire about a few questions regarding the product you are considering.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
3. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research about it. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with different sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate credit card to use just for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.