1. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose the one which will save you the most money.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
5. While shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.