1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Speak with your friends about their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
3. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a website other than the one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and type in the web site you would like to go to. It really is much safer that way.
4. Online shopping is a great way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.