1. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.