1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
2. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
3. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.