1. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've had a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation being a seller.
2. If you like an online store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Try to find "https://" in the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.