1. Although it may look tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Before buying from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
4. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can be easily impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information about the social networks, then proceed directly to the key site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
5. Look for online coupons when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out reductions for various things and you can find them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This can be a great way to cut costs when you shop online.