1. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your cash with a company that fails to offer.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.