1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
4. When you find yourself making a purchase online, ensure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only responsible for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
5. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money since you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.