1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Always remember your budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation being a seller.
4. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
5. If a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and online coupons to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a discount code.