1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.
3. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one that you have at home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply search for at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your bank card information. However, if there is no "s" in the address, start working on a different site to be around the safe side.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.