1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. When you shop online, make sure the site you might be on starts off with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. When a site lacks the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
4. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
5. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply search for at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your bank card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, start working on a different site to be on the safe side.