1. If you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.
2. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
3. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.