1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
2. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many internet retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.
3. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
4. Be familiar with the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.
5. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" within the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people along with your account information.