1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.