1. When shopping online, be sure the site you happen to be on starts with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as being a seller.
3. If you are going to become doing some shopping online, make sure you be aware of the liability for every credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not would like to get stuck with purchases made on your own card when the number is stolen.
4. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
5. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to determine if other customers had a good experience with them. It is additionally a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.