1. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you understand is secure, like the one that you have in your own home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Before you make a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for the shipping on your items and when there are free freight options accessible to you.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.