1. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
2. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, ensure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even desire to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can be simply impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your info on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the main site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
4. When you are searching for a location to buy a product and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not out to take your hard earned money.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.