1. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
2. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to find out if other customers experienced a good experience with them. It is also a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option as long as the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is best to go through another store.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.