1. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember if you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as a seller.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. In case a company features a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and coupon codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and services and would use a discount code.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.