1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. When you are searching for a location to buy an item and not one of the results are most often from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not out to take your hard earned money.
4. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. Although it may seem tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.