1. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
2. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they can have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are available to be shipped to you.