1. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
2. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Prior to making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer possible. Also look into what it really will cost for that shipping on your own items and in case there are free shipping options open to you.
4. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is recommended to go through an alternative store.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's arriving at you fairly!