1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
2. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a website other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and enter the web site you want to go to. It really is much safer that way.
3. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
4. Shopping online is a great way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.
5. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.