1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
2. Prior to making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for that shipping on your items and if there are free freight options open to you.
3. In case a company features a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and services and would use a coupon code.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.