1. Although it may look tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly in order that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
2. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
4. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.