1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is recommended to go through an alternative store.
4. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.