1. Talk to your friends with regards to their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
2. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one that you have in your own home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your money.
5. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.