1. Before buying from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a website other than the main one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and type in the web site you would like to go to. It really is much safer that way.
3. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
5. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with the excellent reputation.