1. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
3. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
4. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the case, choose one that will save you as much as possible.