1. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
2. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
3. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can easily be impersonated or perhaps out-right hacked. Get your information about the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the main site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
4. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may get a discount on the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.