1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
3. To guard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. If you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of reassurance.
5. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research regarding it. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with various sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.