1. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to find the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel relaxed buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
2. When a company features a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a discount code.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" within the URL in the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
5. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.