1. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like one that you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get yourself a discount around the item or perhaps free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
4. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to offer.
5. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.