1. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
3. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
4. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may obtain a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
5. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will give you an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a large swerve.