1. For those who have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
3. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online stores. Many times with some searching, it can save you as much as 25 %. Look at many different websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
4. Internet shopping is a great way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
5. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.