1. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may obtain a discount around the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
2. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. If you frequently shop online, make certain your antimalware is always high quality and updated. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers as well as other shady types who make an effort to steal your individual identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
5. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Look for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.