1. To protect yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
3. While shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, therefore the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.