1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
3. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a new password for your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
4. Do more research on the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.
5. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.