1. When you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
2. When shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within dependent on hours.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
4. An excellent tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
5. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply look up at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, proceed to a different site to be on the safe side.