1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you go for the first sale you see, you will find a chance you will miss out on a much better deal somewhere else.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.