1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation being a seller.
3. If you are intending to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one which you have at home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you the most money.
5. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.