1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are deciding on a site to purchase from. If you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your bank card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a website that offers a good page when you're adding your bank card information.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
4. Discover more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through another store.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.