1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
2. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
3. When you are searching for a spot to buy an item and not one of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not out to take your hard earned money.
4. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.
5. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.