1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Be wary of any emails you receive, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a website other than the main one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter in the web site you need to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation being a seller.
4. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
5. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.