1. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" within the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
2. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, make sure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
4. When a company has a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and services and would use a coupon code.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.