1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" in the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.