1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. When you shop online, be sure the site you happen to be on starts with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
3. Discover more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through another store.
4. Before buying from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
5. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.