1. When a company includes a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their goods and would use a promotion code.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
3. When you are searching for a spot to buy a specific thing and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.
4. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.