1. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider trying to get a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you choose the first sale you see, you will find a chance you will miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.